Tech24 News

Woman Claims Note 9 Catches Fire

Woman Claims Note 9 Catches Fire In Her Purse

Diane Chung, a real estate agent in New York claims her Note 9 burst into flames inside her purse. The New York Post is reporting that just after midnight on September 3rd Chung’s is when the incident occurred.

According to court documents Chung was in the elevator of a Bayside building when her Note 9 became extremely hot. Chung decided to stop using her Note 9 and placed the phone in her purse. Shortly after she heard a whistling and screeching sound. She quickly looked in her purse to then find a thick smoke coming out from her purse.

The Chung’s claim states that Chung put the bag on the elevator floor and burned her fingers as she attempted grab the burning Note 9.

Chung who was still on the elevator started to panic and began to push elevator buttons while the thick smoke made it hard for her to see. Luckily for Chung someone came to her aid and placed a cloth over the Note 9 and dropped it into a bucket of water.

Top Android Pie Features

As many recall, Samsung’s Note 7 had numerous issues with the battery and eventually the device was recalled. Last month DJ Koh, head of Samsung’s mobile business stated that, “The battery in the Galaxy Note 9 is safer than ever. Users do not have to worry about batteries anymore.”

Have you had any heating issues with your Note 9? Let us know below in the comments.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button