For those looking for a PS5 Black Friday deal or even a restock of the hottest console, Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony reportedly updated gamers.
“Everything is sold. Absolutely everything is sold,” Ryan told Russian news outlet TASS. “I’ve spent much of the last year trying to be sure that we can generate enough demand for the product. And now in terms of my executive bandwidth, I’m spending a lot more time on trying to increase supply to meet that demand.”
PS5 pre-orders were limited and sold out in seconds online whenever there was an opportunity from retailers such as Game Stop, Best Buy, and Walmart.
According to Ryan the pandemic was a major factor in the limited supply. The PS5 were produced in factories located in Asia which were closed. “I wouldn’t plan on doing another big console launch in the midst of a global pandemic,” Ryan explained. “And I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody else.”
Walmart will restock on the PS5 on November 25th at 9 p.m. Game Stop, Best But, and Amazon are expected to have some PS5’s in stock for Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Those in the U.K. can expect special bundles of the consoles available in the up coming days.
PS5 Black Friday – Holiday Week Links
Here are some quick links to purchase the PS5 in the U.S.
- Amazon: awaiting stock – check for updates
- Best Buy: next restock TBC
- Walmart: next restock 9pm ET, Nov 25
- GameStop: PS5 bundles expected for Black Friday
- Costco: PS5 bundles previously in stock for members
- Sony Direct: virtual queue live daily
- Target: previously in stock in certain areas – keep refreshing
Here are some quick links to purchase the PS5 in the U.K.
- Amazon: check for updates
- Asda: check for updates
- Very: check for updates
- Currys: check for updates
- Studio: check for updates
- John Lewis: check for updates
- AO: check for updates
- Ebuyer: check for updates
- ASDA: potential stock at midday
- Box: check for updates
- Argos: check for updates
- Tesco: check for updates
- BT: now out of stock