On episode 78 we welcome Brian Muraresku to discuss his book The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion With No Name.
Brian Muraresku is author of the bestselling book The Immortality Key: The Secret History of the Religion With No Name (purchase here), with a forward by Graham Hancock. The book explores the role that psychedelics have played in the formation of Western civilization.
The major religions are thought to stand on their own as unique inventions, but Brian’s painstaking investigations indicate links to more ancient traditions and rituals, highlighting the potential importance of psychedelics in their scared texts.
Psychedelics, which are currently viewed as being a part of the counter-culture, were once relied on by entire communities for emotional and spiritual growth, and considered to be normal aspects of the everyday world. It appears that we’re on the path to again normalizing their use.
Topics Discussed With Brian Muraresku
- Origins of religious rituals and their associations to psychedelic use
- The history and rites of the ancient mystery schools, their understanding of immortality and how it differs from the notion of an afterlife
- Brian’s relationship with Graham Hancock
- The development of Christianity and the subsequent banning of the mystery tradition
- The archeo-chemical evidence for psychedelic use in the Abrahamic religious traditions and primitive societies
- The psychotherapeutic effects of and resurgent research into psychedelics, and the leading roles that women played in the ancient mystery schools