The upcoming Apple Event 2020 called Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will take place on Monday June 22nd.
The event which is scheduled three weeks earlier than previous years, is being held online only for the first time ever. Due to the coronavirus pandemic this comes as no surprise.
- Classes are FREE to attend via the Apple Developer app and the Apple Developer web site, if you have an Apple Developers account
Rumored Announcement for the Apple Event 2020 (WWDC)
First look at iOS 14
- Rumored to have widgets on home screen.
- Home screen to feature a list view for your apps.
- Possible app draw as seen on Android devices.
- Multi-tasking feature such as on the iPad Pro
- “Clips” feature which allows you to use only certain parts of an app without fully downloading the app.
- New features to iMessage such as @ people in conversations
- More advanced AR features.
- Home Kit is rumored to have night shift feature for lights and an improved audio experience for your Apple TV.
- Rumored to allow users to replace default apps for Email, Apple Music, Maps, etc.
New watchOS 7
- Sleep tracking function which enables you to measure you’re sleep quality.
- Kids Mode
- Rumored new Watch faces with the ability to share them with other users
- Help users detect panic attacks
Update for TvOS 14
- Rumored new Apple TV workout app which will guide users with specific downloaded workouts. Information gathered throughout the workout will be synced to your Apple Watch.
Rumored products to debut at Apple’s WWDC Event 2020
- Smaller Wireless Charging Mat – To set to replace the discontinued AirPower.
- Two New Bluetooth Headphones – Both headphones are expected to feature active noise cancellation. Fitness-focused model should debut, along with a higher-end model which can start off at $350. Users will able to change the ear pads and head bands magnetically.
- AirTags – Offering bluetooth tracking for items like cameras, wallets, keys, and more. No new app is required for this feature, instead it will integrate into the Find My app.